[TYPO3-dev] Help needed with ImageMagick/Ghostscript installation - strange problem

Jochen Weiland nospam at jweiland.net
Thu Feb 9 12:05:56 CET 2006

Update:

- I am one little step further, but the problem is not yet solved. The
return code from the IM function calls is '1', so there is some error.

- There is no difference whether I use GraphicsMagick or ImageMagick

- For the PDF and AI sample images the displayed command in the install
tool has changed from 'identify' to 'convert'. If I copy/paste the
command to the Shell, the image is created in the typo3temp/pics folder

It appears to me that somehow Ghostscript or the delegates.mgk file are
not found when the convert command is issued from within Typo3. However
I have added the path to GS to the search path and also added a
DELEGATE_PATH environment variable to localconf.php (and verfied with
phpinfo that they are set correctly).

Owners and permissions for the files seem to be ok.

I'm stuck.... any help is very much appreciated. If someone wants to
take a look, I can give ssh-access to the site (it's a test site, anyway)

Regards
Jochen