[TYPO3-dev] Help needed with ImageMagick/Ghostscript installation - strange problem

Jochen Weiland typo3lists at jweiland.net
Thu Feb 9 00:30:41 CET 2006

Hi folks,

I got a strange problem with supporting PDF and AI in ImageMagick (all
other image formats work w/o problem).

The system is a Linux box with Typo3 3.8, IM 4.2.9 (statically linked
from typo3.sunsite.dk).

When performing the image tests in the install tool, the output for the
PDF and AI tests is:

"There was no result from the ImageMagick operation"

However, if I copy the command string to the shell and execute it there,
is apparently works fine (only the first 'identify' command is listed in
the box below the error message). The output from the command for the
two test images looks like this:

(...)/testsite/typo3/sysext/install/imgs/pdf_from_imagemagick.pdf=>/tmp/magick7JHR8
595x842 DirectClass 12472b PDF 1s

(...)/testsite/typo3/sysext/install/imgs/typo3logotype.ai=>/tmp/magicgdUCpR
612x612 DirectClass 118kb PDF 1s

When I enter the 'convert' command manually on the shell, the resulting
JPG file is correctly generated. So apparently IM/Ghostscript are
working fine, but the output from the operations is somehow not
recognized by Typo3.

Any idea on how to fix that or where to search for a solution?
Ghostscript and IM are not installed in /usr/bin, but the program
directories have been addeded to PATH.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Regards
Jochen