[TYPO3-dev] SOLUTION (?) : Multiple XCLASS inheritance

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Thu Feb 9 09:06:23 CET 2006

Hello Jerome,

> I made this document to explain in details the idea :
> http://www.ameos.com/index.php?id=244
>
> Hope this answers to your questions. If it does or not, please just let me
> know :)

however there is still the problem that this will be very hard to find
errors and correct them. You have always to pay attention that someone
might have written a class which inherits from your code. However in
this situation you will have to change the code and the other objects
will maybe not work any more.

It would be better to make the 1-3 base classes better and put advanced
 functions there. Instead of using a XCLASS a new extension for
collecting all those XCLASS files could be created. All the new code can
come into this XCLASS TYPO3 extension. And later the code can come into
TYPO3.

Regards,

Franz