[TYPO3-dev] SOLUTION (?) : Multiple XCLASS inheritance

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Wed Feb 8 18:44:50 CET 2006

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
>> I'd like to see XCLASSES disappear completely and only use hooks. TER
>> will be much cleaner after that ;)
>>

> I somehow agree. At least XCLASSES should be banished from shared
> extensions and only used for custom implementations where a backwards
> compatible core change is needed.
>
> Also, inheritance as a whole should be avoided in our future
> architecture, rather objects should be more atomic so we can use  other
> patterns for pluggin in functionality/services etc  ("strategies" et
> al). Hooks is the precursor for this idea.

What I would need is a to define flexible link properties for
all kinds of task buttons.

For example Máximo Cuadros Ortiz define for some BE-button AJAX scripts
and I added classes. Buttons must be redefined.

B. Kraft added a usefull button - IMO like B. Kraft 'Paste' icons should
be *as default* available in Columns view.

I was forced to combine functionalities of  'kb_pm_paste'
'tm_contentaccess' and 'gb_begragndrop' using a quite complex XCLASS.

That could be avoided only with flexible property defining.

All button set could be also configurable with strings like
disableToolbarButtons=history,list

using the the same idea as

options.contextMenu   {
   pageTree.disableItems = hide,info,cut,delete,move_wizard,history,perms

It was hard work to put full buttonset control
for 'alt_doc.php' (own for BE and FE editing), 'db_layout.php' + list
module

If all buttons could have classes
that could help in layout designing.