[TYPO3-dev] SOLUTION (?) : Multiple XCLASS inheritance

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Wed Feb 8 18:32:00 CET 2006

> I'd like to see XCLASSES disappear completely and only use hooks. TER
> will be much cleaner after that ;)

I somehow agree. At least XCLASSES should be banished from shared
extensions and only used for custom implementations where a backwards
compatible core change is needed.

Also, inheritance as a whole should be avoided in our future
architecture, rather objects should be more atomic so we can use
other patterns for pluggin in functionality/services etc
("strategies" et al). Hooks is the precursor for this idea.

- k