[TYPO3-dev] Migration from Typo3 3.8.0 to 4.0 beta

Andreas Balzer newslist at andreas-balzer.de
Wed Feb 8 17:11:40 CET 2006

Steffen Müller schrieb:
> Hi.
>
> On 07.02.2006 13:55 Ingo Renner wrote:
>> Am Tue, 07 Feb 2006 12:05:17 +0100 schrieb Andreas Balzer:
>>

>>> Hi!
>>> I just wanted to ask you as developers, whether it makes sense, to
>>> migrate from typo3 3.8.0 to the beta of version 4 already? (Because we
>>> have just holidays and more time to do..)
>>
>> Do not use beta software unless you understand waht beta means.
>>

> Well, one can misunderstand the term "beta" in this case. Compared to
> some other software projects, 4.0beta in TYPO3 does not mean feature
> freeze. Every new beta release could introduce new features with new bugs.

Hi!
Thanks for the answers 'till now. What i like to do is creating a typo3
4 on my localhost and fill it with the files and informations of my
public Typo3 3.8.0. Then i will look, whether it's working or not. If
it's working, i could (but i'm not sure if i do) upload the beta version
to the public server. But i think, that i might wait, 'till the final
comes out.

Well, i know, what beta stands for, but as soon as there are actually no
'critical' bugs, it could help to find bugs that were not visible in no
public situations. And of course i have backups of everything.. (400 MB
used webspace for the website --> 10 GB of backup data for 7 years)

If something goes wrong, i just have to upload the backups..

Greets
Andreas