[TYPO3-dev] Problems with $this->pi_getLL

Patrick Schuster pschuster at n-o-g.de
Tue Feb 7 13:14:34 CET 2006

Hi everybody,

normally (??) I can change the "labels" of an extension with the
following TS code (which works perfect for tt_news for example)

plugin.<plugin>._LOCAL_LANG.<lang> {
   label1 = some text
   label2 = another text
}

Now I have an extension "mbl_newsevent" (which depends on the tt_news
extension) and I thought I can easily change the labels too with one on
the following:

plugin.mbl_newsevent._LOCAL_LANG.de.organizer = ThisIsATest
plugin.tt_news.mbl_newsevent._LOCAL_LANG.de.organizer = ThisIsATest
plugin.mbl_newsevent._LOCAL_LANG.default.organizer = ThisIsATest

But nothing works. Now I have done a code review and discovered the
following that both extensions use the same function call:

... = $this->pi_getLL("event_date");

Even $this->pi_loadLL(); is done in the function,

so do you have a clue where to search?

Thanks in advance
Patrick