[TYPO3-dev] rtehtmlarea update problems

Andres Toomsalu andres at active.ee
Wed Dec 20 16:19:47 CET 2006

Hi,

Updating rtehtmlarea on older typos than 4.0 (as third party module) is
really problematic because:
1) updated rtehtmlarea behaves very differently regarding to html
filtering I suppose - for example simple align (left, right, justify)
buttons do not make any effect if saving content. Seems that inline
styles are gone  - to fix that on multiple sites is much more work than
just updateing rtehtmlarea module (writing and configuring rtehtmlarea
css for that).
2) rtehtmlarea documentation is gone from typo3.org website nor I get it
from module update - so I can't even look on rtehtmlarea docs to get an
idea how to configure newer versions of rtehtmlarea so that simple
inline html modifications work again - or how to include css from
external file properly.

Any ideas how to fix this quickly? Any ideas when rtehtmlarea docs are
back online?

Regards,

Andres Toomsalu, andres at active.ee
juhataja - general manager, OÜ Active Systems
Lille 4-205, Pärnu 80041, phone +372 44 70 595
GSM +372 56 496 124, IM: frame at jabber.org
http://www.active.ee