[TYPO3-dev] how to upload translations from l10n folder

Steffen Kamper steffen at dislabs.de
Mon Dec 18 14:12:15 CET 2006

Hi,

"Dmitry Dulepov" <dmitry at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1166445254.7205.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi!
>
> Zorik wrote:
>> can you please point me to a recent discussion/wiki/manual.. anything on
>> typo3 translation?
>>
>> What is accepted, what is deprecated?
>
> It is private e-mails only... But in general: do not put all translations
> to extension's xml files, create language packs instead. How - no one
> knows yet :)

I made a solution for my own project - i created a language center (php-site
with login) where translators login and change/add translations for single
words/phrases. The language files are created on demand by admin or cron.

It's good the translators doesn't have to know how language files are
handled, they simply do their job as translator.
And language files creation is central, so changes would be easy.

Maybe this would be a possible solution for typo3 as well.

vg  Steffen