[TYPO3-dev] captcha

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu Dec 14 19:38:33 CET 2006

Zorik wrote:
> This is a knowledge sharing place. And I hope my knowledge on the issue
> could help someone.
>
> I do not see this discussion as "expressing views", but "sharing knowledge".
>
> First of all - terms:
>
> "unsolicited" - not requested - people wish to receive emails which they did
> not requested (communication should start at some point). Many people wish
> to receive mails from unknown people (like me - someone asking price
> proposal, and I dont know this person).

You are wrong  in "unsolicited" if your company is open for business and
you get a request
for your company to do business then the mail is not unsolicited.
> "bulk" or "massmailing" - I am signed up to many mass mailings (such as
> digest of dev.typo3) and its ok. I am interested in this info.

Agreed
> "spam" - not requested, sent in bulks, from unidentified sender.

unwanted...
> (please note - message does not always has advertisement in it!!)

99% of the time it does :)

> so, please, guys, lets not play around with words..

I don't think they do...

> According to this view, the only "problematic" part of spam - is
> identification of sender.

partly true...
I just don't whish to receive as what commonly is knows as spam.

Ries

--
Ries van Twisk
Freelance Typo3 Developer