[TYPO3-dev] captcha

Zorik zorik2005 at zorik.net
Thu Dec 14 17:14:09 CET 2006

This is a knowledge sharing place. And I hope my knowledge on the issue
could help someone.

I do not see this discussion as "expressing views", but "sharing knowledge".

First of all - terms:

"unsolicited" - not requested - people wish to receive emails which they did
not requested (communication should start at some point). Many people wish
to receive mails from unknown people (like me - someone asking price
proposal, and I dont know this person).

"bulk" or "massmailing" - I am signed up to many mass mailings (such as
digest of dev.typo3) and its ok. I am interested in this info.

"spam" - not requested, sent in bulks, from unidentified sender.

(please note - message does not always has advertisement in it!!)

so, please, guys, lets not play around with words..

According to this view, the only "problematic" part of spam - is
identification of sender.

--
Zorik