[TYPO3-dev] captcha

Zorik zorik2005 at zorik.net
Thu Dec 14 16:59:00 CET 2006

> Who blames technology? I said that spammers are equals to terrorists.
> Both do their business in a way that seriously disturbs other people.

captcha - clear intention is to prevent any automated software (good or bad)
from entering the site or submitting the form. I call this "blaming a
technology".
I am angry on spammers, very angry, for creating this situation. Because I
agree, most automated activity on the net is done by spammers.

>> But if you do agree to accept messages from any source from world wide
>> web from any country, person, automated or human, etc. - HANDLE THE
>> OUTCOME! Nothing to complain about.
>
> I agree to receive messages from anyone. However I do not agree to
> accept advertisement messages. But I still get them. So I hate spammers
> who send those messages. This is not a question from who I receive but
> what I receive. Spammers do not let me choose, they limit my freedom.

This is exactly the issue I am trying to address -
The user should receive information HE requests, and not to be "fed" by
information provided.
This is the difference between internet and television. This is the
difference between internet as we know and harvesting for information we
really need.

As for "advertisement". If I invite you to a coffee - it is advertisement -
I advertize myself, or coffee, or it is a "pre-sale" of what I am going to
say to you over coffee. And it is not necessarily harmful to you. Or
annoying.
So, I do not think filtering messages by content is an effective technique.

On the other hand, if my coffee invitation has annoyed you in any way - you
should be able to avoid communication with me. This is why you need to
clearly identify me in the first place.

> For example KLM sends me their f*cking "Flying blue" messages every
> month even I tried to unsubscribe several times. Spammers. I will never
> fly with KLM again!

"I tried to unsubscribe several times" - this is clearly illegal. "KLM" - is
known and established company. I believe you can easily sue them for
annoying.

--
Zorik