[TYPO3-dev] captcha

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Dec 14 11:33:02 CET 2006

Hi!

Zorik wrote:
> Spam problem, at my point of view, depends a lot on user disclosure
> readiness. If spammer would know that I live in Israel, he would not offer
> me to rent a studio in Moscow ( :) yes, this happens).

I do not think they care. I get daily spam about women sex toys,
accounting, trucks, rolex, renting apartments, us taxes, etc. Nothing
from this suits me at all.

I think they just collect addresses and spam them all regardless of
applicability. If they spam 1 000 000 and one of 1000 buys, they get
1000 customers. Not bad given the cheapness of spam. Why care about
targeting if you are on the broadband? It is faster to send 1 000 000
untargeted messages than target message to 1000 people.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs