[TYPO3-dev] How to set BE_MOD variables with Typoscript?

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Sat Dec 9 18:11:30 CET 2006

JoH asenau kirjoitti:
>> But at least if not, the meaning of the id is nonsense.
>
> Sorry, but could you stop calling stuff "nonsense" just because you don't
> understand it.

seems that I don't understand the meaning of the first param.

>> because the first parameter for getModTSconfig seems to be nonsential,
>> why it exists overall?
>
> Because it will give you the correct settings of the page _if_ the page with
> this id exists.

ok - it seems that I don't properly understand the relation of the id to
TS config for pages.

> As you can see, this will always return at least something, because the
> returned array is _merged_ from _both_ page TSconfig _and_ user TS config.

ok - I tried to get something on the base of id *only* from user TS config.

> If there is no page TS config for the desired $id, the values are taken
> recursively from the rootline.
> So it doesn't matter if the page itself or just the TS config of this page
> doesn't exist.
> As you already noticed, there is no difference, since in your case the page
> TS config from the rootpage will be used for both options $id=0 or
> $id=999999 (non existent page).
> But _if_ there is page TS config available for $id, then you might get
> additional stuff that is not available in user TS config.
>
> Still nonsense?

no, but in my case very problematic, because the purpose was to override
page TS config with TS config for users in certain rootlevel.
In order to use that, I might need to create fake pages to define for
them different settings and use TS config of those pages.
That is a little bit complex.