[TYPO3-dev] How to set BE_MOD variables with Typoscript?

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Sat Dec 9 13:50:36 CET 2006

Zorik kirjoitti:
> Tapio Markula wrote:
>
>> The difference is then that if the value is '0' it concerns all trees
>> but if the value is active page, it concerns just the active tree.
>> But does this have any sense?
>
> No.
>
> 0 - is typo3 root page only (1 page)
i know
> for example:
> page 0 says "aminpanel.enable = 0"
> page 1 says "aminpanel.enable = 1"
> so, a call "getModTSconfig(0)" returns 0
> "getModTSconfig(1)" returns 1.
> (because page 1 TSconfig overrides page 0 TSconfig)
>
> .. further, if user TSconfig is "aminpanel.enable = 0"
> then
> "getModTSconfig(1)" returns 0
> because user Tsconfig overrides pages.

> opening t3lib/class.t3lib_befunc.php revealed, that
> getModTSconfig - is for the above behaviour

but the question was how to set for TS Config for users/user groups
reasonable way the information, for what pages it should be applied.
That is not clear like it is for TS config for Pages.
Any other values than '0' and current page are not reasonable without
method to set uid of the page in TS Config for users/user groups.
I proposed a method how to make possibe to define rootline(s) in
TS Config for users/user groups.
You seems not to catch the point.
> getPagesTSconfig - TSconfig for pages only, no user
i know
> BEgetRootLine - getting a rootline from current page up to the root

that I have not newer used