[TYPO3-dev] How to set BE_MOD variables with Typoscript?

Zorik zorik2005 at zorik.net
Sat Dec 9 13:07:30 CET 2006

Tapio Markula wrote:

> The difference is then that if the value is '0' it concerns all trees
> but if the value is active page, it concerns just the active tree.
> But does this have any sense?

No.

0 - is typo3 root page only (1 page)
any other value - is a rootline to page 0
(page2 overrides page1 overrides page0).

for example:
page 0 says "aminpanel.enable = 0"
page 1 says "aminpanel.enable = 1"
so, a call "getModTSconfig(0)" returns 0
"getModTSconfig(1)" returns 1.
(because page 1 TSconfig overrides page 0 TSconfig)

.. further, if user TSconfig is "aminpanel.enable = 0"
then
"getModTSconfig(1)" returns 0
because user Tsconfig overrides pages.

This is how it should be, as far as I know.
If this is not so - please report to bugzilla.

opening t3lib/class.t3lib_befunc.php revealed, that
getModTSconfig - is for the above behaviour
getPagesTSconfig - TSconfig for pages only, no user
BEgetRootLine - getting a rootline from current page up to the root

--
Zorik