[TYPO3-dev] List of modifications for TemplaVoila

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Fri Dec 1 10:31:49 CET 2006

Martin Kutschker
> Tapio Markula schrieb:
>>
>> That is not so simple. In the procect I did with Ries,
>> there was many issues, which are newer reasonable to implement
>> in the core. In this case customer-specific version
>> of TemplaVoila was anyway the only possibility to satisfy the needs
>> of a customer.It would reasonable *first* to think, which are
>> reasonable and which not.
>> It is really time consuming to make several patch proposal
>
> I know. Progress is slow and sometimes frustrating.

I can make from some without discussing but some needs

> Thanxs for sharing but I won't use your extensions.

some changed needs changes also to core files, sure.
TemplaVoila doesn't have proper frontend editing as such
and all issues relating those features, need extensions.

* TemplaVoila would need own version of class.tslib_content.php
or changes to that file
* changes to class.t3lib_tsfebeuserauth.php - currently unsatisfactory
solved

Those issues has been better solved in tm_contentaccess - not fully
satisfactory because also changes to templavoila/mod1/index.php would be
needed and changes would be needed in many places.

  But the only reason
> is that I do not want to get a version that was done for another one. I
> tend to stick to standard TYPO3 if possible and adapt minor things if
> needed. If I'd use your extensions I'd get a whole load of changes I'd
> not want.

Most changes, which I have done, are configurable - don't need to use
and can disable/enable - because I don't want to force using someting,
which somebody would not want to use. Just few XCLASSes are necessarily
needed and most issues, which related them, are configurable (not
all changes indeed).