[TYPO3-dev] List of modifications for TemplaVoila

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Dec 1 09:09:36 CET 2006

Hi!

JoH asenau wrote:
> Well - in this case it's hard to contact the responsible developer, because
> Dmitry (like many others) decided to ignore Tapio's mails.

My freedom to choose to whom I contact :) However bug tracker is open
for everyone and I always fix things that are in the bug tracker and
delay anything else.

> And I can
> understand that it is not very comfortable to split the whole stuff up into
> smaller chunks and file a feature request for each of them in the
> bugtracker.

Yes but this is the process. If a fix causes problems, it is much easier
to revert it if it was a fix for a single problem. And it is easy to
find what was behind this fix if it was in the bug tracker.

I just remember how I spent three full days trying to revert one
(non-mine) commit that fixed several bugs and introduced several new
features at the same time. It was a nightmare to understand where fix
ends and feature starts because a lot of code was rewritten completely :(

> It seems that Tapio's behaviour now is paying back. Many people told him
> that it's not wise to talk about the work of other people in the way he did.
> Now he has got the problem, that his work, even though it might not be too
> bad, is more ore less ignored by those people.

Precisely :(

> But maybe both, Tapio and Dmitry could take a step back and try to start
> again with a more professional behaviour ;-)

Sure ;) But better through bug tracker ;) It really speeds up
development and bug fixing!

> Would be good for the project ...

I am sure about it!

--