[TYPO3-dev] About dynamic menus

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Tue Aug 29 22:33:39 CEST 2006

Hello Tapio,

> Anyway you have some ideas trying to solve the problem.
> That could help also the plugin developer.
> Otherwise nice plugin. Basically 'toolbar' in EDITPANEL  but
> has some extra options and page/content options divided into two menu.
> test
> http://t3test.xetpoint.com/typo3/index.php
>
> tester + tester
>
> and then 'Front End'
>
> on top pife_feediting version and lower mine.

You could look at Stu Nicholls different ways to solve dropdown menus. I
find some of them better than suckerfish.

But you have to do the coding yourself.

http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/drop_examples.html, http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/index.html

But in this context, making a different frontend edit panel, I think a DHTML/Javascript
would be OK. Else I don't like javscript based DHTML menus, because they
have accessibility issues.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no