[TYPO3-dev] [Unrendered Content Element: xyz]

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Mon Aug 28 14:42:50 CEST 2006

Hi Peter,
> > I've come across the output "[Unrendered Content Element: xyz]"
> > several times with page types other than 0. However, I have not
[snip]
> If you get "[Unrendered Content Element: xyz]" it meens that somehwow
> a mysql-resultrow containing an value in the filed 'CType' is
> encountered that cannot be found in the 'tt_content.'
> TypoScript-Setup.
>
> This usually shouldn't ever happen but if some weicked TS-Setup has
> been created by whomever(extension?) this can of course happen.
>
> the message is created in 'tt_content-defalt' if am not mistaking,
> maybe also in 'tt_content.list.default' or alike (for plugins).
>
> Problem should be easy to spot by some analysis of TS-setup
> (dependancies, included TS, etc. pp)

So what you're saying is that this is only a TS problem but not linked
to limitations of the core itself? This would also mean that with the
right kind of TS any extension could work around this? What I know is
that tt_news rendering with direct_mail does not work for me with
default TS "Direct_mail for tt_news". diret_mail seems to include a
special class for that rendering but I haven't figured out, yet, how
exactly things are built up.
Anyway, is there any documentation that touches this topic in any way?
I'll check the TS like you said but would be very happy about more
details as well.

Cheers,
Christian