[TYPO3-dev] svn fails to commit manual.sxw

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Mon Aug 28 07:14:57 CEST 2006

Hi Franz,
> [franz at localhost doc]$ svn commit manual.sxw -m 'x'
> Domaine d'authentification : <https://svn.sourceforge.net:443>
> SourceForge Subversion area
> Mot de passe pour 'myaccount' :
> Envoi          manual.sxw
> Transmission des données .svn: Échec de la propagation (commit), détails :
> svn: Le fichier '/home/franz/tt_products/doc/manual.sxw' a des sauts de
> ligne incohérents
> svn: Style de fin de ligne inconsistant

I'm not sure if it helps but I think that SVN is trying to treat the
file as a text file as OpenOffice files are binary, this should not
happen and is expected to fail. It seems that SVN find a newline
somewhere and therefore assumes that this is a text file. However, as it
is not, there is no consistent way of handling "new lines".
I would assume that your system detects the MIME type of OO 1 files
wrongly. Check your /etc/mime.types for a line like
application/vnd.sun.xml.writer sxw
and add it if it's missing.

I have no idea if this really what is happening. I'm not too familiar
with SVN but from what I know about it, this could at least be the problem.

Cheers,
Christian