[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 Icon Contribution

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Thu Aug 24 20:19:42 CEST 2006

Hello Michael,

>> I think it's a better use of resources and competencies to have us all to
>> make new bug reports if necessary.
>>
> Or simply reopen them of course...

I missed that point, easy of course.

>> In this case every bug reporter should have been given some days to
>> update the bug report if it persist in 4.x, and/or give patches. Then
>> bugs who wasn't updated should be closed.
>
> Hmm, why? There is nothing wrong with closing a bug since it can be
> reopened
> very easily. So why do duplicate work if it's possible in one go?

I didn't express myself good enough. I didn't think about sending a mail
to the reporter, but in "this time missing" information on typo3.org,  write
it. For instance like this. We are going to close all not solved bugs for
3.7.x and older the xxx (date). If the reporter know that the bug persist
in later versions, please update the version number for the bug.

It makes most a kind of psyhcological impact, and it's easy to say afterwards
that the information was given. And it don't take much time.

Else I think some kind of summer cleaning of the bug reports should be done
almost every year. Because I think a lot of bugs gets solved through the
normal development of the core and extensions, and nobody (even not the reporter)
takes the time to update the bug report or check it out.

I know it's true with other systems, so why not here.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no