[TYPO3-dev] Announcing TYPO3 4.0.1

Ryan Hayle ryan.hayle at space150.com
Wed Aug 23 20:21:53 CEST 2006

Peter Kindström wrote:
> Please don´t make yet another new document!  :-(
> *What is wrong with updating existing ones?* Without checking out
> carefully, it looks to me like most of those subjects already are
> present somewhere in existing documentation.

It's true that you have most of that information available, however it
is very unorganised and a document like this would be much appreciated
by newbies such as myself.  What you need is the equivalent of Symfony's
excellent Askeet tutorial, which shows you step-by-step how to construct
a complete web application in 24 days.  I'm -still- struggling with
learning the basics of typo3, but I've struggled through it, mostly by
switching back and forth between the myriad of documents (I have about
12 various typo3 documentation tabs open at the moment).

> But we risk having the same information in two (or more) places,  very
> confusing and not very helpful for the community and/or newbies in the
> long run...  :-(

This is true, however if this document were to pull together enough
other pieces and prominently linked to from the website, it would help
save a lot of confusion for people.

Thanks,
Ryan