[TYPO3-dev] [Unrendered Content Element: xyz]

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Sun Aug 20 08:18:14 CEST 2006

Hi,
it might e a bit bold to ask this question here but I think that on any
on the other lists, nobody would know enough about the core to answer
my question, anyway.
I've come across the output "[Unrendered Content Element: xyz]" several
times with page types other than 0. However, I have not really
understood what is behind this, yet. On one occasion I could not (and
cannot) get News rendering in Direct Mail to run, on another one I was
trying to get one of my own extensions to output WML and just couldn't
figure out how to get this accepted as fully rendered.
I understand that this is buried in the applicable libs but what I am
wondering about, is how much this can be influenced from outside the
lib. Is it a limitation of the lib itself, i.e. would I have to work
around the lib completely, or is it just the way the lib is used?

Any pointers that would help me to find out about all this, are more
than welcome. :-)

Cheers,
Christian