[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 Icon Contribution

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Fri Aug 18 21:45:04 CEST 2006

Christopher wrote:

> Sorry if this seems like a stupid question--I have /not/ dug into the
> skinning API or looked very deeply into the new skin.  But why would
> styling tags directly be a bad idea?

these are extremely annoyin

$TBE_STYLES['mainColors'] = array(	// Always use #xxxxxx color definitions!
			'bgColor' => '#F4F4F4',
			'bgColor2' => '#F2F2F2',
			'bgColor3' => '#EEEEEE',
			'bgColor4' => '#F2F2F2',
			'bgColor5' => '#F9F9F9',
			'bgColor6' => '#ABABAB',

	);
Reason because they concern *only* colors,
but class can have border-properties, backgrounds and colors, font-size etc.

I just hate very deeply such desing, which TemplaVoila 1.1
has - it use $TBE_STYLES with style atteributes - that could not be
worse for proper skinning.