[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 Icon Contribution

Fri Aug 18 21:38:15 CEST 2006

Michael Scharkow wrote:
> But even now development is not as hermetically closed as you suggest:
>
> 1. http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-team-core/

I admit that I never try to access a newsgroup by a website. :-) That
wouldn't come into my mind. Laughter.

> You can read every single mail (and find out it's mostly boring SVN
> requests because there is no discussion in -core) there. Michael Stucki
> is also working on bringing -core to our usenet, but there have been
> issues with authentication in INN which hopefully Sven Wilhelm has
> solved. I expect a solution rather sooner than later.

I hope this makes progress. I would be very interesting to read the core
list. I am sure it would motivate some more people to join in. I am not
sure if it would be a good idea to give write access to everybody.

> 2. SVN is completely open to read for everybody, as is the bug tracker.

SVN is a definitely a good possiblitly to follow the daily development. I
hope a Trac sourcecode browser will soon find it's way to typo3.org. Until
then you find it here:

http://svn.t3.digitaldistrict.de/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/browser

> 3. You can always proxy requests through any core dev you might think is
> responsible or interested. And discussions happen on -dev anyway.

As long as people get an answer mailing to core developers. Which is not
for sure if you look at the small circle of the core/maintainance team.

This list - t.dev - is really a good place to ask questions and to get in
contact with the core developrs. It is most likely that you get an answer
here and everybody can profit. But it doesn't replace read access to the
core list.

Regards

Elmar