[TYPO3-dev] Using Tree View Within TCA/FlexForms

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Aug 15 20:06:05 CEST 2006

For the Calendar Base extension, we've begun to look at using a treeview
for the category selector, much like tt_news does.

In tt_news, the tree view is used to display nested categories so data
is always read from a single table (tt_news_cat) using the
parent_category field.  I've also looked at the tree view in DAM and it
seems to operate in the same way; the nesting is always within the same
table.

For Calendar Base, instead of nested categories, we have categories that
belong to one calendar.  The relationship is defined in the calendar_id
field, but instead of pointing back to the category table
(tx_cal_category) it points to the calendar table (tx_cal_calendar).

 From looking at the source code for the tt_news tree view and the t3lib
treeview class that it depends on (t3lib/class.t3lib_treeview.php), it
doesn't look like its currently possible to define a treeview based on
two tables.

Any suggestions on whether this is possible and where I should look?

Thanks,
Jeff