[TYPO3-dev] Is $this->pi_USER_INT_obj a conceptional mistake

Mon Aug 14 11:56:13 CEST 2006

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>

> If pi_USER_INT_obj is removed, many extensions is going to refer to
> non-existing member of the class.

Please explain what you are thinking of. I don't catch the point.

> Good rule is NOT to remove anything that is being used. If you do not
> want to use, do not use it. Or declare it as deprected/obsolete, etc. In
> our case, simply kickstarter should be modified not to set it anymore.

No, it isn't simply not done by not using it any more. Please study the
code carefully  else it doesn't make sense to discuss it.

You definitly need set it for the result browser to get it without no_cache
parameter. You also need to set it to make links to USER_INT without cHash
and without no_cache in typo link functions.

Regards

Elmar