[TYPO3-dev] stable = documented ?

Thu Aug 10 07:19:04 CEST 2006

Ingo Renner wrote:
> On 25.07.2006 09:37, Stefan Geith wrote:
>> WHY shouldn't Extensions contain TS templates ?
>> I think mostly every extension needs some _minimum_ TS
>> configuration; and I think the place for this
>> would be ext_typoscript_setup.txt - Am I wrong ?
>
> The problem with these two files is that they get included
> automatically. That might be wanted but also causes some problems.
> For example you can not influence in which order they get included and
> this made me go crazy one time already as I wanted to use/change values
> of a different extension.

>>> static/pi1/setup.txt
>>> static/pi1/constants.txt
>
> This is the way to go and also the way kickstarter creates TS files now.

Right. See Chapter 2. TYPO3 Extension API > 2.1. Extension Architecture

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/current/view/2/1/

For

ext_typoscript_constants.txt,
ext_typoscript_setup.txt,
ext_typoscript_editorcfg.txt

it says:

Deprecated (use static template files instead, see extMgm API description)

Good morning

Elmar