[Typo3-dev] TypoScript 2: a bit of a RFC

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Nov 30 17:30:12 CET 2005

Dimitri Tarassenko schrieb:
> On 11/30/05, Martin Kutschker <Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net> wrote:
>

>>>page[10](HTML) {
>>
>>Still you have an anonymous property (COA). Remember, page is an object,
>>not an array. page has many mor properties, not only the "body" COA.
>

> This is nothing new, actually. Windows form control objects allow
>
> inputfiled = "sometext"
>
> while in reality it is
>
> inputfield.text = "sometext".

This is nice and all, but why are we talking about validation and all
kinds of fancies like * (NO user will understand that) for (implicit)
object creation, when we still allow such stuff?

Talking about a new TS makes IMHO only sense if we get rid of such
"weak" syntax.

You cannot have it both. To be clean, the language mus be reasonable
verbose. As some here beging start counting characters to me, this
discussion becomes ridiculous. Sorry, but I don't think this is heading
in a healthy direction.

Masi