[Typo3-dev] TypoScript 2: a bit of a RFC

Dimitri Tarassenko mitka at mitka.us
Wed Nov 30 16:55:40 CET 2005

On 11/30/05, Martin Kutschker <Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net> wrote:

> > page[10](HTML) {
>
> Still you have an anonymous property (COA). Remember, page is an object,
> not an array. page has many mor properties, not only the "body" COA.

This is nothing new, actually. Windows form control objects allow

inputfiled = "sometext"

while in reality it is

inputfield.text = "sometext".

> > There is one problem with that - this only allows one-lined string
> > values, while quotes are not dependant on line breaks.
>
> But we have alread the brackets for that.

Oh, you mean those round brackets that are the same ones that are used
as an equivalent of "with <obj> {} "? And the same ones where the
closing one should be in the first position on the line, thus screwing
up any indentation in TS code that you have?

The () for multi-line values was by far the worst design decision in TS, IMHO.

--
Dimitri Tarassenko