[Typo3-dev] eaccelerator benchmarking

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Wed Nov 30 17:18:55 CET 2005

Michael Scharkow wrote:

>Bartosz Aninowski wrote:
>

>>I wasn't clear enough.
>>Check difference between php as module and php as cgi with fastcgi enabled.
>>Time of genration testsite was about 30% less with fastcgi.
>>

>I can not replicate this, at least with TYPO3. I get roughly equal
>performance with mod_php and fastcgi (a little less actually with
>fastcgi) using TYPO3.

To be onest, I could not yet replicate this on a typo3 site but on a
other non typo3 site I have seen a increase of  %500,
going from 25pages/sec to about 100/pages sec (bare php, adodb and
smarty with eaccelerator).

>I'll do some more benchmarking, but I'm not too optimistic about such
>huge performance gains unless your website only outputs 'hello, world'
>using php. In this case a static html served with lighttpd is even
>wayyyyyyyy faster ;)

I'll try to do the same, although I am fairly buzy I try to repsond.
I can disable eaccelerator and some testing aswell...
I beliefe I already added a couple of months ago some speed
optimalisation tips on the wiki.

cheers,
Ries