[Typo3-dev] eaccelerator benchmarking

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Wed Nov 30 16:01:55 CET 2005

Bartosz Aninowski wrote:

> I wasn't clear enough.
> Check difference between php as module and php as cgi with fastcgi enabled.
> Time of genration testsite was about 30% less with fastcgi.

I can not replicate this, at least with TYPO3. I get roughly equal
performance with mod_php and fastcgi (a little less actually with
fastcgi) using TYPO3.

I'll do some more benchmarking, but I'm not too optimistic about such
huge performance gains unless your website only outputs 'hello, world'
using php. In this case a static html served with lighttpd is even
wayyyyyyyy faster ;)

Greetings,
Michael