[Typo3-dev] Validating TypoScript - Schema vs. DTD

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Wed Nov 30 09:08:54 CET 2005

Mark Ravitz wrote:
> As an occasional user of TYPO3, having built two commercial TYPO3 web
> sites,  I strongly disagree.

A "why" would have been nice.

>> It just takes some time of experience. And depends on how the code is
>> developed ;-)
>

> I don't have time :-(

"Hey Mr. Pilot, I need to know how to fly this 747, you have 3 hours -
i'm a busy man".

> Debugging TS involves more than getting the syntax right, you must
> figure out if you are using the right TS strategy, and then you have
 > to decode the TSRef documentation.

Sounds a bit like "blindflug development" to me. No offense.

> Validating TS would be great, but my problems with TS would be solved if
> the TSRef was improved.  It's written in such a terse, abbreviated style
> that I spend most of my TS development time trying understand the TS objects.
> It would be better if the TSRef  format was changed so that there was space
> for more verbose explanations of properties and options, and if there were
> 'copy and paste' examples of everything.

Yeah.
Very good approach.
"I don't want to understand what's happening, I just want to copy and
paste."

Maybe I should develop an extension that works like this:
Login to the TYPO3 BE.
Clap your hands twice.
Website ready.

> TS syntax may be unusual, but it's clearly documented.  The TS objects are
> not clearly documented.

Is that so?
Examples please.

> I wish the whole TSRef  was moved to the wiki, sort of like the PHP on line
> manual

To have what? comments?
Look again...

peace
Mattes

--
if ($GLOBALS['TSFE']->fe_user->user['ahnung'] == 0) {
	$this->fresseHalten = 1;