[Typo3-dev] Bidirectional M-M relations

Mads Brunn mads at typoconsult.dk
Tue Nov 29 23:41:01 CET 2005

Hi dudes

I finally found the time to upload my new extension: bidirectional
(please check the TER).

I hope some of the really hardcore people on the dev list will take the
time to download, install and evalute it. I would appreciate any
feedback on this piece.

I would like to know if any of you think that the concept introduced by
this  extension (bidirectional M-M relations) should be added to the core.

I would also like to hear from people who are familiar with the process
of applying for major changes to TYPO3's core (what to do, who to
contact ect.). Right now the extension only XCLASS'es one of the core
classes, however, I estimate that adding bidirectional relations to the
core would require changes in at least 3 of the core classes
(t3lib_tcemain, t3lib_tceforms and t3lib_loaddbgroup).

Best regards

Mads Brunn