[Typo3-dev] German "Umlaute" in flexforms

Andreas Bulling spam at phoenix.hadiko.de
Tue Nov 29 14:08:41 CET 2005

Hi all,

while trying to read out the flexform options in an extension
I experienced another problem:
Is it normal that German "Umlaute" like ä,ü,ö can't be saved
in pi_flexform without utf-8 set in the install tool?

Trying to save them results in an error:
---
Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/typo3_src-3.8.1/t3lib/class.t3lib_div.php on line 1458

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/typo3_src-3.8.1/t3lib/class.t3lib_div.php on line 1459

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/localhost/htdocs/typo3_src-3.8.1/t3lib/class.t3lib_div.php:1458) in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/typo3_src-3.8.1/typo3/template.php on line 601
---

What is the right way to go, change to utf-8 completely to be able to use my extension?

I want to send an email with the text containing the Umlaute - so I would also
have to set the notification encoding to utf-8. But what about mail-clients
not supporting utf-8? Can I "transform" the message in any way?

Sincerly,
  Andreas