[Typo3-dev] FORMidable front end forms : please help us improve !

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Fri Nov 25 11:11:27 CET 2005

Jerome wrote:
> Hello community,
>
> For those of you wanting to create Front end forms for their extensions, we
> just released the first version of ameos_formidable, a front end form api.
> It's configured by XML.
>
> We tried to make it really flexible and extensible. And, for once, not using
> TypoScript nor Hooks, but just XML configuration and object heritage and
> specialization.
>
> If some of you interested in the domain could take a quick look and tell us
> how we could improve what you think is a weak point ( if any ;), it would be
> very useful for us.

Hi Jerome,

this looks very nice, and it *could* be the base of a new general
formlib (so I have less typing to do ;). But some questions first:

1. You don't happen to have a stripped-down version of the actual php
files (without all the mod/pi1/emconf-stuff? It's just too many files to
glance over...

2. Why only frontend?
3. Did you try to implement $TCA-like configuration when implementing
the XML stuff? How much effort would it take to exchange your XML config
with standard $TCA?
4. Did I overlook the textarea type?

All in all, a very nice job. I think I will play with this for a while.

Greetings,
Michael