[Typo3-dev] TEXTPIC nowrap hard coded?

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.nl
Thu Nov 24 22:14:48 CET 2005

Thomas Peterson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have spend many time to find the problem. :-)
>
> In class.tslib_content.php the Function IMGTEXT:
>
> case '24': // in text, no wrap
>      $theResult = '';
>      $theResult.= '<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"
> class="imgtext-nowrap"><tr>';
>      if ($align=='right') {
>       $theResult.= '<td valign="top">'.$content.'</td><td
> valign="top">'.$tablecode.'</td>';
>      } else {
>       $theResult.= '<td valign="top">'.$tablecode.'</td><td
> valign="top">'.$content.'</td>';
>      }
>      $theResult.= '</tr></table>';
>      $output= $theResult;
>     break;
>
> A hard coded table :-) i must change the code for correct the table
> layout.
>
> Why is it hard coded?

Hi Thomas,

That's a difficult one to answer. It is probably because in the good old
days of HTML this seemed to be an everlasting solution. I would
recommend to use cron_cssstyledimgtext which gives you more freedom to
style like you want. My hopes are actually that this can will be
integrated into TYPO3 4.0 as the stuff you describe above is very Old Skool.

gRTz

ben
--
netcreators::creation and innovation