[Typo3-dev] Is this possible?

Nikolas Hagelstein hagelstein at hauptsache.net
Wed Nov 23 16:43:15 CET 2005

Christian,

thank you for your response.
>So, wouldn4t it be possible to define the News as individual pages which
are
>kept in a sys folder,
Thats what i already thought about.

Another solution would be to have a "container" FCE
for all FCE belonging to one news.
This container could carry information like
"category"/"teaser elements" etc.
The annoying thing with this solution is that container
information (catagory etc.)
would keeped in tx_templavoila_flex which isn't a good
field to perform DB-search/sort-operations
on because it is pure xml.

For both ways (page/container) it's not clear
to me how to implement the detailview.
The following solutions seem more or less passable to me:

1. (container or page) Keep things simple: just create the
news as a page or on a page wherever it is needed.

2. (container or page) Create the news on a sysfolder having
a detailview mode for the plugin.

Both versions do not appear satisfactorily to me.
Because normaly a detailviewpage contains more
than the news itself.
I often got multicolumn layouts with
a content area (thats where the news body is being displayed)
and additional informations (top news teaser on the left e.q).

Another point is about navigation? what to highlight if
the newsbody is rendered on one page by a plugin?

>Otherwise implementing the flexibility of multiple content elements in the
>news would feel too much like reinventing something that is already there.
indeed.

bye,
           Nikolas