[Typo3-dev] Is this possible?

christian reiter cr at n-o-s-p-a-m-cxd.de
Wed Nov 23 15:24:40 CET 2005

Hmm, maybe I´m thinking too simply- but an extremely flexible 'News' would
be just a normal Typo3 page.
So, wouldn´t it be possible to define the News as individual pages which are
kept in a sys folder, use some TSConfig to get rid of any backend fields you
do not need, perhaps add a field for the content elements to say flexibly
for each news "this element belongs to the teaser" so one news element has
the first two, another the first four,  another maybe only the 3rd element
as the teaser. And then write an extension around it that will create the
appropriate lists, teaser elements, archive listings etc for these news.
The advantage of this is, once an editor has learned how to work in normal
pages and add things like multiple images positioned at different places
with click-enlarge, captions etc, tables, section indexes, whatever - he
does not have to learn a new way of doing it in a special "news" backend
when the press releases basically contain the same flexibility of content as
normal pages.
A lot of the elements you need are already there and you could add some
"news-typical" fields like "author" and "place reporting from" etc, perhaps
with flexforms so you will not need to clutter up the pages/tt_content
tables with many new fields.

Otherwise implementing the flexibility of multiple content elements in the
news would feel too much like reinventing something that is already there.

greetings,

Christian

"Nikolas Hagelstein" <hagelstein at hauptsache.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.779.1132742411.30370.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
hi,

i would realy like to have an extension similar
to tt_news with the abilty to flexible put together
the news-body/teaser.
That means a news could consist of 1-n flexible content
elements having 1-n of the FCEs grouped as teaser.

Implementation of the frontend/rendering part seems
managable to me but i am really in doubt about
the backend/gui part especially about the
dynamic´addition of FCEs to a newsrecord.

I would really like to hear you opinion of
if and how this could be solved.

Cheers,
              Nikolas