[Typo3-dev] Non-GPL licence on a GPL extension

Wed Nov 23 12:41:34 CET 2005

Carlos Chiari wrote:
> Hi Guys:
>
> I appreciate your feedback.
>
> Well. My conclusion is that I have to build my own .fla's, publish my own
> .swf's and give it away under GPL license, which by the way doesn't seem
> that hard at all, rather to open the door to a legal problem. (One might win
> a legal war at the end, but who wants to be in the middle of a problem like
> that, paying the trial costs, and all that stuff?)

A share Dmitry's point of view that by sense they have "multi-licensed"
it to all OSI compatibly licenses. Only a small "unclean" formulation
this non-commercial.

> And maybe I could make my own no-GPL version and sell it as well... if it is
> such a nice market niche, don't you agree ? ;-)

Why that, when you can sell your GPL version?

--
Climate change 2005: Mexico, Guatemala, New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh,
Spain, Portugal, Austria, Swiss, France, ...