[Typo3-dev] Naming errors in EXT

Thomas Schulze thomas.schulze at outraxx.de
Wed Nov 23 12:37:37 CET 2005

"Martin Kutschker" <Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1132741617.21998.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Thomas Schulze schrieb:
>> "Martin Kutschker" <Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
>> Newsbeitrag
>> news:mailman.1.1132736716.14028.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...

>>>The most what? most likely, most common, ... Are you debugging your
>>>extensions or asking for stats?
>>>
>>>Masi
>>
>> The most REASON... this is the english word for GRUND, GRÜNDE etc.
>
> I know what reason means, but still don't understand your question.
>
>> By me the Naming Errors are indicated in the Extensionmanager on the
>> Information-Page. There are Names of classes in the PHP-Code Typo3
>> don?t like. But why?
>>
>> How ever... the Extension runs without problems.
>
> Again, are you talking about your extension?
>
> Anyway, nameing errors are in fact only warnings. And the target audience
> of this warnings is the extension developer! As a user you can safely
> ignore them. as a developer you should check your extension.
>
> Hint: you cannot get rid of warnings about old-style TYPO3 stuff like the
> table name 'pages' etc. Just make sure that files, classes and tables you
> provide, follow the nameing rules.
>
> Masi
>
> PS: Oh, please, could the new ext. manager change the silly "errors" into
> "warnings". And it'd be really nice if such well-known tables like 'pages'
> would be exempt from the warnings as well.

Yes... i?m realy happy, you understand my tricky english ;-)

How ever... i?m talkin about my extension of course. I know, that
those "warnings" only for the developer made, who am i. And thats
already right, that the Ext. can be run (it does). But i won?t have these
"warnings" in my Extension... Also i know about naming conventions
in typo3. thats why i wonder... but... maybe, after one week working
on one extension in every free minute lets me get blind to see whats
happen... :-(

Thomas