[Typo3-dev] Naming errors in EXT

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Nov 23 11:26:56 CET 2005

Thomas Schulze schrieb:
> "Martin Kutschker" <Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1132736716.14028.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
>
>>Thomas Schulze schrieb:
>>
>>>Hi List,
>>>
>>>whatŽs the most reason for "Naming Errors" in Extension, show from
>>>the Extensionmanager on page information?
>>
>>The most what? most likely, most common, ... Are you debugging your
>>extensions or asking for stats?
>>
>>Masi
>
> The most REASON... this is the english word for GRUND, GRÜNDE etc.

I know what reason means, but still don't understand your question.

> By me the Naming Errors are indicated in the Extensionmanager on the
> Information-Page. There are Names of classes in the PHP-Code Typo3
> don?t like. But why?
>
> How ever... the Extension runs without problems.

Again, are you talking about your extension?

Anyway, nameing errors are in fact only warnings. And the target
audience of this warnings is the extension developer! As a user you can
safely ignore them. as a developer you should check your extension.

Hint: you cannot get rid of warnings about old-style TYPO3 stuff like
the table name 'pages' etc. Just make sure that files, classes and
tables you provide, follow the nameing rules.

Masi

PS: Oh, please, could the new ext. manager change the silly "errors"
into "warnings". And it'd be really nice if such well-known tables like
'pages' would be exempt from the warnings as well.