[Typo3-dev] Non-GPL licence on a GPL extension

Wed Nov 23 07:17:26 CET 2005

Carlos Chiari wrote:
> Hi Guys:
>
> Thanks for your replies.
>
> I wrote to the guys at India, and they gave me what they think is the best
> option:
>
> <QUOTE>
> Hi,
> In that case, you can use FusionCharts Lite
> (http://www.InfoSoftGlobal.com/FusionCharts/Lite ) for FREE and
> re-distribute it for free.
> </QUOTE>
>
> Question:
>
> I guess that if I use their product although they say its non-gpl, as Elmar
> wrote, it would become gpl. Right?

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

If you only "transport" the product inside an extension it may be
possible. It may be considerd like aggregating independent products on a
CD. (See GPL point 2). I don't know. One should discuss this. Does
anybody know?

> In this case, going with the advise from Dan, the VTS could come with some
> sort of FusionCharts Lite installer/manual where the user can then downlowd
> the swf movies by their own.

The movies? Isn't the point to install the program?

Dan's proposal sounds very good.

Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: Mexico, Guatemala, New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh,
Spain, Portugal, Austria, Swiss, France, ...