[Typo3-dev] Non-GPL licence on a GPL extension

Dimitri Tarassenko mitka at mitka.us
Tue Nov 22 23:24:56 CET 2005

Carlos,

On 11/22/05, Carlos Chiari <ccho at dimension-e.net> wrote:
> Could be there any problem using their product in the VTS?
> Sorry to ask. I am not very aware of the legalities of the issue.

As far as I can see from their license, a license is granted to
developers of websites (i.e. TYPO3 site developers), rather than to a
developer of development tools (T3 extension developers). I don't
think you can make it a part of VTS and upload it to TER. However, if
you find a way to integrate it into VTS in a way that the final user
(the one who downloads it from TER) would have to license (and
download) it from them, this could work.

At any rate, I'd email them and ask. They are a startup, so it's not
exactly unrealistic that they might grant you a license to use 2-3 of
their charts in exchange for exposure to TYPO3 dev community.

--
Dimitri Tarassenko