[Typo3-dev] Code generation library

dan frost dan at danfrost.co.uk
Mon Nov 21 18:43:41 CET 2005

Ha ha! Very good.

Ok - the point is this: I am implementing this as
a properly object oriented framework which itself
can be used to generate OO frameworks / code.

It should not up to the author of the core of a
program to build implementations for X, Y and Z
systems - s/he should provide the INTERFACES which
other programmers can easily implement to extend
the support of the core program.

By this I mean, I will write an interface - for
example generatesCode

interface generatesCode {
   // i define this
}

class javaHandheld implements generatesCode {
   // you must just implement the interface
}

There would be nothing more to it than that - no
XCLASSes, hooks, declarations blar blar blar.

And anyway, the "interfaces" you are refering to
are not programming-language interfaces, the are
user interfaces. That would be implemented by
someone using the code generator's high-level API
inside their own UI.

Again, *I am writing this properly* - I will
provide the framework, the interfaces, the solid
architecture and some core functionality for the
code generation system. Other programmers will be
able to use *the proper programming interfaces*
and properly extendable (single-concern) classes
(interfaces in an OOP way...) to extend the system.

Make sense?

dan