[Typo3-dev] I don't want to fork!

Mon Nov 21 17:12:16 CET 2005

> However, my thinking was to get a group of interested developers
> together, take over the tt_address extension and redesign it in a way to
> offer a future-proof solution.
>
> This would then be (one) answer to the original post: some of the
> existing extensions offering address-functionality could be integrated
> into the new tt_address and by sync'ing dependant tables, backwards
> compatibility would still be preserved.
>
> - Dave.

Great. See Kaspers posting, too. I think your ideas will fit into an
extension coordinationg team.

future-proof and backward compatible redesign of fe_users and tt_address
will be the central axis of all, the point where a mayority of
extensions met.

I will write an additional posting on this in a few hours.

Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: Mexico, Guatemala, New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh,
Spain, Portugal, Austria, Swiss, France, ...