[Typo3-dev] I don't want to fork!

Sun Nov 20 22:23:39 CET 2005

> I'll admit that I don't know much about the inner workings of Typo3.
> What I do know is that I want to find a solution to two problems I
> currently have
>     1) separate registrations for FE users and Newsletters
>     2) Typo3 based single signon where accounts are created in  Typo3.

Here I would wish a closer solution:

* If somebody has already registered for the newsletter, he can upgrade
his account to become a FE-User.

* If somebody is a logged in FE-User he can order the newsletter with
one click.

This would mean to have only one account per user in the DB.

Your way, seperate registrations 1) would result in seperate accounts,
that are are connected via a single signon 2).  The single signon would
maybe require a third account. As far as I understand you right.

Your way is maybe quite easy to solve by the extension Sebastian has
pointed to.

Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: Mexico, Guatemala, New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh,
Spain, Portugal, Austria, Swiss, France, ...