[Typo3-dev] I don't want to fork!

Sun Nov 20 17:30:26 CET 2005

> That is what I already tought about since a long time (Exactly since I
> first used the DMailer and noticed it had it's own tables (altough you
> could also send a d-mail to fe_users - but with normal account registration
> you do not need to verify the registration via an mail-reply - so it would
> be illegal to send to fe-users (which didn't agree to get mails))

That is soleved by sr_feuser_register.

> You can solve that by joining the fe_user and tt_address tables like:
>
> SELECT fe_user.*, tt_address.* FROM fe_user, tt_address WHERE tt_address.uid=fe_user.person;

I know that. But in TER you find over 1000 extensions. Reach them all,
teach them all ...

And there are not only the reading queries. Writing requires a few more
lines of code.

> Of course this would break many existing extensions :( This is the only drawback in my eyes.

Breaking a bigger part of over 1000 existing extensions can't be a
solution. That approach is good for companies, that wan't to sell a
completly new generation of software every three years.

Regards

Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: Mexico, Guatemala, New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh,
Spain, Portugal, Austria, Swiss, France, ...