[Typo3-dev] I don't want to fork!

Sun Nov 20 12:40:39 CET 2005

Bernhard Kraft wrote:
> Eric Blom wrote:
>
>>Hello everyone,
>>I've got some development work at my web site related to
>>    FE user accounts
>>    FE user registration
>

> Concerning those two I must say that almost every site has little differences. Meaning
> one site needs a field "birthdate" in a FE-User record another site doesn't. You can't
> cope with all those needs and I came to the conclusion that I always have to do a little
> development to taylor the existing FE-User extensions to the needs of my customer.

Specially for the FE-User Administration it is possible to do this
rather by configuration then by development. (feuser_admin,
sr_feuser_register).

>>    FE digital asset management (DAM) submission
>>    FE DAM viewing, sorting, and searching
>

> The problem with most of the extensions is that they are NOT in some kinf of CVS (like
> typo3xdev) and only ONE extension developer has the possibility to change code of the
> extension.

TER provides the possibility to use an account as a group. But it is not
the same as CVS (It would be possible to use a CVS account at
sourceforge for extensions) and in praxis people don't use it for
different reasons. A already made some proposals how this could be
improved. But proposals is one thing ...

Regards

Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: Mexico, Guatemala, New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh,
Spain, Portugal, Austria, Swiss, France, ...